4/25/12

Sergio Ramos: “If tomorrow another shootout was coming, I would have gone to the point”

Real Madrid Defender Sergio Ramos has commented on the result of Champions League semi-final match with Bavaria (2: 1 in most of the time, on penalties – 1: 3), and noticed that he was prepared to continue to discharge the penalty, despite failed again. 
“We really wanted to go out in the Champions League, but it did not happen. We had a very strong contender. I am proud of our team. We are truly a great season and are now required to win the Championship of Spain. I want to thank the fans for their support. The atmosphere at the stadium was such that ran down your skin. We lost all power. The team cannot attack all the time. After our second goal in the game were different bars. In the end, we resist such excellent masters as Robben and Ribéry and Gomez. A penalty shootout is always unpredictable. I think not worth anyone throw up. Yes, I failed to score from the penalty spot, but I was confident at the moment. And if tomorrow was another shootout, I would again went to point. Of course, at this point you feel much pressure, but I've always handled well with this”, - quoted Ramos official website of the Club.

No comments: