3/22/12

Roberto Mancini: “I am happy because Tevez did well”

City found themselves behind on the hour at the Etihad Stadium as Gary Cahill fired home a deflected effort. Roberto Mancini hailed Manchester City's win over Chelsea, and applauded Carlos Tevez's role in the success. But with 12-minutes left City were level as Sergio Aguero converted a penalty. The Italian insisted that City fully deserved their three points. Then Tevez, who had come on as a sub with City trailing, set-up the winner with five minutes remaining as he played a sublime ball through to Samir Nasri to finish. 
"I am happy, I am happy because he did well - he is not in good form, I don't think his feet were 100 per cent but he knows football". "I think we deserved to win this game because we had three or four chances in first 20-minutes we missed, we have chances but we didn't score," he continued. "When they scored their goal, we didn't deserve to go down 1-0, but we wanted it and desired to win this game."I think we are back on track and this game is worth more than the points." "After their goal, I know what squeaky bum time is," he quipped. "We are there, we go to win at Stoke but we know that is not easy but we want this."

No comments: